High blood pressure becoming an increasingly devastating and pervasive health condition. Especially if you are an aging adult, the chances further increase. For American adults, the chances of high blood pressure are now 1 in 3. For people above the age of 60, it’s 1 in 2. The people who suffer from it and are unaware of it are also many. The percentage of aging individuals who remain unaware of the condition is approximately 30%. No wonder it is called the silent killer. It is common knowledge that chronically high blood pressure is a massive risk factor for many health conditions. Some instances are heart attacks, strokes, heart failure, kidney failure, and aneurysms, and so on.
If you are taking this health condition seriously, then you need to replace the foods, which increase blood pressure with those, which help in reducing it. Also, you need to use nutritional supplements and Vitamins for high blood pressure. Let’s talk about it in detail.
Is High Blood Pressure Really Critical and Why?
The diagnosis of high blood pressure is often tricky. That’s because most of its symptoms are not very noticeable, yet the consequences may be serious. Moreover, the longer the diagnosis takes and no steps are taken to cure it, the more irreversible damage it will cause to the body. Hypertension is the main cause of some serious health conditions such as:
- Heart failure
- Heart attacks
- Kidney scarring, failure
- Eye damage
- Cognitive impairment
- Nerve damage
Therefore, it is crucial that you treat your high blood pressure as soon as possible and then maintain it at a healthy level.
Vitamins For High Blood Pressure
Vitamins can help in curing a certain medical condition without worrying about any side effects. You just need to ask your medical practitioner about the adequate intake of Vitamins for high blood pressure. And these vitamins will essentially keep the cholesterol levels in normal range too. We’ll discuss them in detail.
- Vitamin D has a number of health benefits and blood pressure reduction is one of them
- People who are deficient in Vitamin D have a greater likelihood of having high blood pressure
- Supplementation of Vitamin D alone or coupled with calcium can help in effectively reducing blood pressure and cholesterol
- Vitamin D exerts its effect by suppressing the release of the hormone renin (the blood pressure hormone)
- The recommended adequate intake is 400 IU a day for adults above 50. Individual requirements vary so, it is advisable to have the blood levels checked
- When we talk about Vitamins for blood pressure, coenzyme Q10 essentially stands out for its exceptional ability to maintain a healthy blood pressure level
- Studies and surveys indicate that there was an impressive drop of systolic and diastolic pressure with the CoQ10 dosage
- Reports suggest that only reducing the blood pressure is not enough to completely eliminate the risk of cardiovascular complications like heart attack
- Hypertrophy or heart muscle thickening, which results from high blood pressure, is reduced by CoQ10
Omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids, especially from fish oil offer a variety of incredible health benefits
- It essentially reduces blood pressure by reducing the bad cholesterol or LDL
- You can call it one of the best Vitamins for blood pressure due to its amazing benefits
- You can consume them by adding fatty fish to the diet or by taking supplements
- Calamari oils and krill are the best forms of the said fatty acids
- The second most prevalent deficiency is magnesium deficiency in the developed countries
- If we talk about Vitamins for high blood pressure, magnesium intake is proved to regulate the blood pressure
- Make sure that you take the magnesium supplements along with food. This will aid in optimal absorption, hence avoiding digestive discomfort
- Amongst the Vitamins for blood pressure and cholesterol, PQQ or Pyroloquinoline quinone is a famous pseudo-vitamin that can essentially boost metabolic function and efficiency
- PQQ helps in lowering the blood pressure
- It reduces the levels of triglycerides in the blood
- About 20 mg a day is what you need for an optimal body and brain health
Folate / Folic Acid/ Vitamin B9
- Folic acid and folate are the forms of Vitamin B9, which is one of the effective Vitamins for high blood pressure
- They are known to minimize the chances of stroke in people with hypertension
- Citrulline is an instance of a pre-arginine supplement
- The body absorbs it more easily than arginine
- It improves the Nitrogen balance in the blood, which eventually improves circulation
- Always take it with food for better results
Lastly, whether you are looking for vitamins for yourself or you are searching multivitamins for kids, make sure you consult a doctor. Never start taking any medication without the consent of a certified medical practitioner.