As a divorced mother of three with a torturous day job, I’ve dealt with my fair share of stubborn weight problems. The kinds which resisted my attacks like a batty mother-in-law stuck up in her old ways. The sort which yielded only when I tried some of the best exercises to lose weight that I knew. And which further had me bingeing on one fad diet after another. In the desperate hope that I wouldn’t have to resort to liposuction.
It’s difficult being a woman in a world that is still largely shaped by the whims of the opposite gender.
The Best Exercises to Lose Weight that I Know Of
My weight issues first started when I got wind of the fact that my ex was about to dump me. Being the proud diva that I am, I made every effort to beat him to the curb. And I did succeed in getting most of the alimony money from out of our marriage contract. Only I didn’t think much of the stress of the situation at the time. Something which later led me to put on a lot of extra ‘fat baggage’. Not to mention the psychological toll that the divorce had on my kids.
But then my messiah came.
In the form of an old high school friend who – at the time – was undergoing similar life problems. Her cheating spouse had left her without a penny. And so she had to rebuild her life from scratch. That was when she came across some of the best exercises to lose weight. Ten of which she later communicated to me.
Counting My Blessings: Before the Weight Loss Exercise Miracle
And in retrospect, I sure am lucky that she did!
Otherwise, I would be the same unattractive person today that I saw in the mirror on that fateful day. When my ex slammed the door in my face for the last time. With rock bottom (the lowest that I’ve ever been) staring into my soul. Crippling me – and pulling me into its mad, sadistic embrace. A state of mind that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. What the doctors in hospital psyche wards like to term clinical depression.
Your unsightly belly, thighs, backside, and humongous chin can get you there.
At this stage, I’d like to make one thing clear. Weight loss exercises are great. But if you really want to shed the pounds like a champ, you’ll need some weight loss supplements. I’ll detail some of the best ones below.
Some of these health agents torch your weight by revving up your metabolism. Or decreasing your appetite.
Others are targeted with fat burning supplements. These work by eroding your internal brown & white fat layers.
So the Ten Best Exercises to Lose Weight are…
- Blast Lunges
- Body Weight Presses
- Grand Slams (Burpees)
- Rope Jumps
- Kettle Swings
- Mountain Inclines
- Double Jumps
- Monk’s Drill
I’ve elaborated on each of these moves briefly below.
The Gear/Equipment That You’ll Need
The best part about these exercises to weight lose is that they only require very basic exercising material.
I’m talking about:
- A pair of ladies dumbbells,
- An extension cord,
- A kettlebell,
- A jumping rope
- A foam exercise mat (of course!)
I’d advise you to invest in a decent workout costume too. Preferably one made from parachute skin. So that no ‘move bust’ becomes a problem!
Lunges & Blasts
- Stand straight with your feet apart (at shoulder width)
- Keep your spine straight, and lower your hips. Put the right leg forward.
- Aim for a 90 degrees angle between your front & back leg
- Hold the position for ten eight seconds
- Go back to starting position, and repeat with left leg
For Blast: Jump, instead of returning slowly, to starting position – when shifting to the other leg.
Body Weight Press
Just your average push up!
- Stand straight, with feet spread shoulder-length apart
- Jump on your feet twice
- Get down on your knees in the plank position
- Hold for 10 seconds, and jump back up again
- Repeat 3 sets
Remember skipping the rope from when you were a kid. Yes – that’s what you’re up against here. Just make sure to do at least 3 reps per set!
- Take a 5 pounds kettlebell in your hand
- Hold out your arms straight in full extension
- Plunge them down quickly – between your legs
- Raise them back again to starting position
- Do a total of 3 reps per set
- Tie one end of an extension cord loop with your right ankle
- Kneel down forwards – on your hands
- Stretch the cord with your ankle forward
- Return to starting position
- Repeat move with the other foot
Squats & Double Jumps
- Stretch out your arms forwards (to their maximum reach)
- Lower your hips as much as possible, while keeping the spine straight
- Hold contracted position for 8 seconds
- Return to the rest position
For Double Jumps: Jump twice during the rest phase
Sit cross-legged on your mat, with a dumbbell clasped in both hands. Stretch it out forwards, raise it straight above your head, and go backward. Repeat the circuit at least 3 times.
Faster Metabolism Supplements
For a faster metabolism, try CoQ10 gel capsules with your weight loss exercises.
If you’re interested in a pure fat burning supplement, however, then go for L-Carnitine.